Bridal Gloves or no Bridal Gloves? Hmmmm......

TO GLOVE OR NOT TO GLOVE THAT IS THE QUESTION...


With spring and summer fast approaching, many brides are desirous of wearing gloves with their wedding gowns. But alas, as many of my brides write, what to do with the gloves and WHEN?



Gloves with fingers: Before the ceremony, "slit the seams" on the ring finger of your glove. Then just push the material back when it is time for him to place the ring on your finger and wa-la, you are ready for the big moment. After the ring has reached its intended destination, pull the fabric back over your finger. This same approach can also be used to show your rings off to your guests.


Do I wear my gloves during the receiving line?
YES - by all means do so. They are a part of your wedding attire.




Do I wear my gloves while eating?
NO - and that includes the partaking of the cake also.


Do I wear my gloves during the rest of the reception?
YES! If you like. However, many brides do remove their gloves as the festivities wear on.


Therefore.... TO GLOVE or NOT TO GLOVE need no longer be an issue. Just remember the rules and you’ll be fine. Gloves worn with your wedding attire can add grace and dignity to many gowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment